I created this dress for Oak's Day using a McCall's pattern (M7085). I went on a hunt for a bright pink satin and matching lace. The only satin I could find was shiny and mixed with the sheen of the lace, it was too much for me. I decided to use the wrong side of the satin to give it a matte look.
Cutting out the pieces turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated since they were both very slippery. I was able to get them cut out and they sat on my cutting table for a week because life got busy.
The day before Oaks, I got to work. I was moving along great, even completing the bust-to-hip front and back darts without a problem! I thought I was making good progress, so I put off the zipper until the next morning (Oaks morning).
It turns out, I had bought a 14 inch zipper instead of a 24 inch zipper that was required. I ran to the store to get the correct size and finished up just in time!